Anthem, Inc. Product Manager Senior - Beacon Health in Indianapolis, Indiana
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Beacon Health Options, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
For more than 30 years, Beacon Health Options has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 37 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential. Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
The Senior Product Manager serves a critical role on the Beacon Health Options Product and Strategy team. Working within our Behavioral Health business, he/she will provide product management support and project management direction to bring key product enhancements to market. A successful candidate will have previous experience working across multiple departments and teams in a matrixed environment to translate the needs of disparate stakeholders into high level requirements and product features. This individual contributor with product and project management experiences will support Product leadership in delivering on roadmap and business plan commitments across the full portfolio of Beacon products: Beacon Behavioral our Managed Behavioral Health Product, Beacon Crisis Solutions, Beacon EAP and Beacon Care Services.
[This position can work from any Anthem Location in the US]
• Gather and consolidate market inputs from internal and external stakeholders to inform the long-term vision and strategy for products. Translate those inputs into key feature requirements.
• Represent the needs of our customers across all phases of the product enhancement design and development lifecycle. Provide product and project management leadership and support for cross-department initiatives in a complex, matrixed environment.
• Work with Product Directors and others to refine the value story for products
• Maintenance and prioritize product feature backlog, working with shared services partners to estimate projects and gather inputs for product enhancement business cases and product roadmaps.
• Execute projects to monitor product performance and benchmark against competition
• Stakeholder experience mapping to include the development and maintenance of consumer, provider and customer personas / journeys
• Assessment and documentation of existing capabilities within and across organization, strategic partners, potential vendors
• Adhere to product development policies and processes to guide product management and product development activities.
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field; 4 years of related Product Management experience in Managed care, managed behavioral health, or HealthIT industry; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Highly preferred experience:
-Pragmatic Institute practical product management training
-Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
-Product management generalist with experience in core product management competencies such as: Market problem definition • Distinctive competence • Roadmapping • Build, buy, partner analysis • Backlog maintenance/management • Requirements definition • Project management, coordination • Clinical programs operations or design experience, any scale • User experience, persona development, prototyping.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.